Values and principles
In order for a company to meet the goals established by its shareholders and the expectations of the community in which it is inserted, it is of fundamental importance that its VISION and MISSION be clear to everybody.
Despite many transformations over the years, Ipanema continues to maintain its VISION of “To be recognized as a company of excellence in the trade and production of coffee and its by-products”.
Thus, its MISSION is “To profitably trade and produce coffee and its by-products, while maximizing the perception of quality of the products, services and image of the company”.
In order for this to be possible, each staff member must act as a partner, basing his or her individual actions according to the following basic management principles:
- Search for competitive advantage – to perform better than other companies;
- Add value to goods and services, meeting the needs of internal and external clients;
- Teamwork with individual responsibility;
- Continuous improvement – to perform better than the day before;
- Meritocracy and recognition of professional competence;
- Dynamic and participatory management; and
- Effective participation in the community and society.
Much of this effort is incorporated in the many social and environmental initiatives conducted by the Instituto Ipanema.
Find more about